Sunday, July 03, 2011

Day 4, 5 and 6 of 17.

The last couple of days have been pretty uneventful with the diet. I have continued to be very diligent, only eating what the book suggests. I have found that in the evening I have had cravings for junk food, but have surprisingly had enough will power to munch on some carrots instead.

One of the "freebies" - foods of which I can eat as much as I want are sardines. I hadn't had sardines in years, but picked some up when I was doing my shopping. a couple of hours after having some delicious lemon & pepper Catfish for dinner, I was a little peckish and wanted a snack, so I opened the tin of sardines. Eww. I used to like these things? I took a couple of bites and I don't know if it was because I was all "fished out" or I couldn't stand eating fish in a tin with all the scales still on them, but they ended up being a lovely treat for my cats. Note to self: buy double the amount of carrots this week!

The first three days of my diet, I lost a pound each day and although I haven't strayed from the diet, I haven't lost anymore weight in the subsequent 3 days. I am not discouraged though - I think I need to step up the exercise a notch.

The diet requires 17 minutes of exercise, 2 times a day, but so far I have only been doing the morning exercises. I have found that after doing all my usual activities and working during the day, by the time I make dinner and let my stomach settle and I get into my usual routine of making some art - time slips by. By the time I feel up to it, it is late and I need to go to sleep.

Overall, on this, the beginning of day 6, I actually do feel better and I have noticed that I am not lethargic anymore halfway through the day. and, even if I have only lost 3 pounds, it is still 3 pounds. Plus, I am proud of myself for being able to stick with it, especially on some days when my mind starts thinking, "Really, how bad could it be to have a piece of toast".

No comments: