Tuesday, July 05, 2011

5 Pounds Down!

Yay! I am on day 8 of my first 17 day cycle in the "17 Day Diet", and while I was holding at 3 pounds down for a couple of days, 2 more pounds seemed to have slipped off overnight! I was hoping that it would start by coming off my butt, but it's been coming off my stomach and it is quite noticeable. My little "pouch" at the front is now almost completely flat when I am standing, and I don't know if I am imagining things, but I think my posture is even a little bit better.

The book states:
We pack on two forms of belly fat. One type collects around the internal organs (also known as visceral fat). This type of fat raises blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and increases the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer's and even some cancers. Visceral fat is far more sinister than fat elsewhere in the body.

The other type sits just under the skin and is known as subcutaneous abdominal fat. It causes a hard-to-get-rid of belly pouch. In a Finnish study published in the International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders, a rapid weight loss diet followed for 6 weeks trimmed visceral abdominal fat by 25 percent and abdominal subcutaneous fat by 16 percent.

Bye bye, subcutaneous abdominal fat! Woohoo! Although I won't be in a bikini this summer, as long as I can get rid of some of my "muffin top" I will be happy, at least for a start... and it is turning out to be a great start!

2 comments:

arlene said...

Congratulations Mar!! Way to go!

Monkey Mar said...

Definitely, Lisa! And congratulations on the 50 pounds!!! Amazing! I don't know if you need to know about the 17 Day Diet... you seem to be doing great with what you are doing now! I would still be happy to tell you about it though and answer any questions I might be able to answer! See you when you get back!