Thursday, June 16, 2011

...it's been a while...


Wow. It's been a long time since I have written anything in my blog. Likely do to the fact that I have been working my ass off ('though I don't know where this term came from because when I look in the mirror it appears to be about the same ample size as it always was - DAMN IT!), thinking about what I want to do with the rest of my life, living through the occasional mental breakdown and trying to keep up with all my other, sometimes tedious and irritating obligations (see: Family).

I keep hoping, almost on a daily basis, that my dreams of miraculously becoming independantly wealthy would come to fruition, and that I could just pack up and move to the Azores - ah, Ribiera Quente - such fond memories.

Alas, I continue to march on, having only enough time apparently every 5 years to write a little note in my blog. I should add that to my "to-do" list - write more! Like my "to-do" list needs to get any longer! I already spend at least half of my days procrastinating about the things that are already on the list.

Mar's "To-Do" (Sometime tomorrow) list:
  1. Finish up that "thing" for work.
  2. Finish up that "other thing" for work.
  3. Find a new doctor that isn't a complete moron who pushes pills and makes equally moronic suggestions like "Keep off it", when presented with a potentially broken leg.
  4. De-stash my craft room or apply to be on "Hoarding: Buried Alive" - whichever comes first.
  5. Do the dishes - again.
  6. Stop caring about whether or not my crops are withering in Farmville.
  7. Find a new group of friends (or any friends for that matter) that aren't completely helpless and needy, who don't have to call me everyday for assurance that yes, I still like them, and who know how to say "Please" and "Thank you" like good big girls and boys.
  8. Stand up to my neighbour across the hall who screams obsenities at his wife every weekend, but can't be man enough to come to the door when I knock to tell him to keep the volume on his "Ground Control to Major Tom" to respectable level, especially at 3 a.m.
  9. Start setting aside a certain amount of money each month to spend on frivolous things - I always have such a feeling of guilt when I buy anything for myself. Perhaps, while I am at it, I can invent a new product "Guilt BeGone" - Simply spray on Guilt BeGone, and you will no longer have feelings of shame and self-condemnation! Try it when you forget to pick your kid up after a soccer game or forgot that you took them to the mall with you and drove home without them!
  10. Clean up my desktop so it doesn't look like a file exploded, producing hundreds of little "file shrapnel" all over the place.
  11. Finish this "to-do" list tomorrow.

No comments: